Fashion and textiles
What is the course about?
The course is intended to meet the needs of students who wish to undertake further studies in any of the creative disciplines, particularly fashion textiles, at university. It is expected that students will have taken one of the art and design disciplines at GCSE.
- Understanding of how colour, pattern, shape, line and tone can articulate ideas.
- Experimentation with a range of materials, components and processes.
- Development of initial ideas to final outcome.
- Internally set themed projects.
- Personal investigation supported by a written element of 1500-3000 words.
- Externally set project and controlled assessment days.
Some students choose to continue with their fashion and textiles education, either by
following a degree course or an art foundation course. Some will use the qualification to follow a broad-based arts degree. Any career in the fashion and textiles industry.
Minimum of grade 6 in GCSE Art or a design subject.
If you fail to meet the entrance requirement for this subject, then a portfolio of work may further support your application