Please take a look through the following useful information.
Our Head Students, Sophie and Josh, introduce our new Year 7s to the school:
Two of our current Year 7 students talk about joining Greenshaw High School and some of the things our new students will need to know.
Are you ready?
My first day
- I know what I need to take to school on my first day.
- I have remembered I will have to turn my phone off.
- I have written down all the contact numbers I need in an emergency as my phone will be turned off.
- I have spare change if I need it.
- I know how I am getting home.
- I have a water bottle and lunch box (if needed).
- My parents/carers have put money on my lunch account.
- I have my front door key.
Travelling to and from school
- I know what time I need to be at school.
- I know how long my school journey will take.
- I have applied for 11-15 Zip Oyster Card.
- I have practised my route to school.
- I know the school rules regarding uniform – see website.
- I have ordered my uniform (including PE kit) and school bag – www.swi.co.ukwww.swi.co.uk.
- I have all of the required equipment – see website.
- I have a space where I am able to complete my homework.
- I know how to complete a to do list.
- I have access to a device to complete my homework.
Equipment for learning
To ensure that all students are ready and equipped to learn there is compulsory school equipment list.
The items on this list are required at all times and regular checks will be made to ensure that students have the correct equipment they need for their lessons.
Please click here for more details.
Timing of the school day
There will be five lessons each day and one Year assembly each week.
Ms Wilson explains how the school day works at Greenshaw in this short video:
The structure of the day is as follows:
Greenshaw High School offers peripatetic vocal and instrumental lessons with Sutton Music Service.
Lessons will be delivered in the Music Department during the school day on a rotating weekly timetable by specialist music tutors.
For further details, please download the following documents from Sutton Music Service:
Modern language selection
Students need to select their preference for which foreign language to study in Year 7: French or Spanish. The school cannot guarantee the student's choice, but we will try to accommodate wherever possible.
Please complete the form here.
Join in the Fun Friday Challenge
The Fun Friday Challenge is a competition across the Greenshaw Learning Trust.
We are convinced it’s crucially important to keep connected to our wider school community while we’re all working at home and support in keeping the mind stimulated. Any students in Years 7 to 11and members of staff are asked to contribute. We would also welcome entries from our new starters.
Every week, we will add a selection of some of the wonderful submissions we’ve received from the previous week’s challenge, and details of the next one, on our website here. This will go live at 12 noon every Friday lunch time.
From the new challenge being set at 12.00pm on a Friday, you will have until the following Thursday at 10.00am to submit your best attempt.
You need to send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org