School uniform and PE kit
Members of the School not in the sixth form must wear school uniform when attending school and for all school functions, unless special permission is granted to the contrary.
If a student’s uniform or appearance does not match our expectations they will have to correct it before being allowed into lessons.
Non-uniform items will be confiscated until 30 minutes after the end of the school day.
- Greenshaw sweatshirt with school name and coloured logo.
- Black polo shirt with coloured logo.
- Pleated black skirt from our supplier.
- No additional clothing visible under the uniform (eg long sleeved top under the polo shirt).
- No alternative clothing instead of the sweatshirt (eg cardigan/jacket/sweatshirt).
- Headscarves should be plain black or white and should not obscure the Greenshaw logo on the sweatshirt.
- Plain black trousers from our supplier.
- Natural or plain black tights, or plain white or black ankle socks. No patterned tights, knee length socks or leggings.
- Smart flat plain black leather shoes, sensible for school. (*1) Coats should be plain and smart in appearance. No hoodies, leather jackets, denim jackets, those with studs or big slogans or logos.
- Greenshaw bag with all the necessary equipment.
- Obvious make-up is not allowed, including nail varnish or artificial nails.
- Hairstyles should be moderate and appropriate for school. (*2)
- Items of jewellery are not allowed except a standard wristwatch and one pair of small studs worn in the ear lobe only. No other piercings are allowed. (*3)
- All electronic equipment, including mobile phones, smart watches and headphones, should not be visible, heard or used at any time on the school site unless instructed by a teacher. (*4)
- If a student has electronic equipment, including headphones, a smart watch or a mobile phone, visible on the school site, they will be confiscated and returned 30 minutes after school, unless warned otherwise.
*1 If a student wears incorrect shoes they will be expected to wear Greenshaw plimsolls.
*2 Hair should be of a natural colour.
*3 If a student has any other piercings, they will not be allowed to cover it with a plaster or
wear any form of bar or stud, clear or otherwise at school. The school accepts no responsibility
for any financial issues or risk of infection that arises if students are asked to remove piercings.
*4 If a student has electronic equipment, including headphones, a smart watch or a mobile
phone, visible on the school site, they will be confiscated and a sanction applied.
The uniform poster can be downloaded below.
If you have any queries regarding school uniform, then please contact the school office.
PE kit branded items purchased from Banner:
- Aptus ¼ zip training top (Black/white)
- Either Aptus training pants (black/silver) or Aptus female leggings, (black/silver)
- Shorts (Black/White)
- Vapour polo shirt (Bottle/black)
Non-branded items (purchased from alternative sports shops)
- Sports trainers
- White sport/trainer socks
- Black long sports socks
- *Studded football boots
- **Mouth guard
- ***Shin pads
Please also note the following requirements :
* Studded boots – these must be worn when playing football or rugby on the school field to stop students from slipping and damaging knee and hip joints. Your PE teacher will advise when, and if, football boots will be required so that these can be purchased.
** Mouth guard – these must be worn when playing rugby.
*** Shin pads – these must be worn when playing football and rugby.
Non-Greenshaw clothing items are not permitted. Should students fail to bring their full kit or have incorrect items they will be required to wear our ‘loan PE kit’.
School uniform and PE kit is ordered direct from our specialist supplier, Banner (previously known as SWI).
How to order:
- Online at www.swi.co.uk and select the parents/school login link
- By phone: 0845 5190099
- By post to: Banner Ltd, Fairoak Lane, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn, WA7 3DU. (Please download the order form below.)
- Free home delivery on all orders over £70
- Free weekly term delivery into school. Orders will be available for collection on Wednesdays after 3.00pm (term time only).
Returns and exchanges
Banner offers a 30 day refund or exchange period with Freepost returns.
If you have any queries, or need further information about ordering uniform, please contact the Finance Team on 0208 715 1001.