Organisations you could follow, volunteer for or donate to:
- Sutton African and Caribbean Cultural Organisation – A local charity which organises meetings, social and community events with a view to decreasing social isolation and promoting diversity in the community.
- Black Cultural Archives – Located in Brixton, this charity aims to collect, preserve and celebrate the histories of people of African and Caribbean descent in the UK and to inspire and give strength to individuals, communities and society.
- Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust – Working with young people from disadvantaged areas aged 13-30 to inspire and enable them to succeed in the career of their choice. They also influence others to create a fairer society in which everyone, regardless of their background, can flourish.
- BLAM Charity – Committed to ensuring that the Black British Community is represented and appreciated in education and society. They facilitate a positive social dialogue about Blackness.
- The Black Curriculum – A social enterprise founded in 2019 to address the lack of Black British history in the UK school curriculum.
- Reroot.ED – an educational campaign run by young people. Our goal is to make the UK’s history curriculums anti-racist, critical and inclusive.