Our new Ofsted report is now available to download.
The report following our Ofsted inspection is now available (please download a copy below).
Please bear in mind that under recent changes this was shorter than our previous inspections, so the report reads more like a letter than a comprehensive review of each section of the school.
I am delighted that they confirmed that we continue to be a good school, and some of the points below I will be sharing with staff today. The inspectors came to the following conclusions:
- We have excellent examination results: “GCSE results are good and A level results very high.”
- Standards in the classroom are a strength: “Teaching is now challenging”, and “Teachers plan stimulating and demanding lessons.”
- Pastoral care remains at the heart of our work, “Staff, including year leaders, help pupils to overcome any personal problems effectively and sustain their ambition.”
- Our wide range of curriculum pathways was recognised, “The school offers a good range of subjects at GCSE and A level. Staff inform and guide pupils very well when they choose courses.”
- Positive work with families was noted, “The school listens to parents carefully and works with them when needed.”
- Most importantly for me: “Pupils behave safely. They are considerate to others” and “Parents and pupils like the school."
The inspectors also suggested two areas for improvement :
- Teachers check carefully on how well all pupils are learning, especially those of middle and low prior attainment, and adjust their teaching accordingly.
- The work started to improve outcomes and attendance for disadvantaged pupils continues to be given high priority.
Thank you to all parents and carers that contributed to the ‘Parent View’ survey. We will be reviewing how we communicate, and will be inviting families to support us with developing this further next school year as I have noted some people’s concerns in this area.
Overall, I am very proud of the achievements of our students and staff. As is often the way of these things, the standards demanded by Ofsted continue to rise and certainly compared to our previous inspection in 2012 this was within a much more demanding set of expectations. I hope you find the report informative.
Nick House, Headteacher