Free School Meals
Free School Meals for sixth formers – are you entitled?
Applying for a free school meal is now easier and totally confidential. The application process has moved to the London Borough of Sutton housing benefit service so you no longer have to bring evidence in to the school; you can register your claim with the Housing Department.
By registering for free school meals, your son/daughter will receive a daily hot meal and will be able to claim additional support under the 16-19 Bursary Fund.
For further information on the extra benefits from free school meals, please visit Directgov - free school meals.
You may be eligible to receive free school meals if you have responsibility for a child who attends Greenshaw and you are in receipt of one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Child Tax Credit, so long as you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by the
- Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190. Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meal regardless of their income.
- You receive support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.
Click here to apply online
If you have any further questions, please contact London Borough of Sutton Benefits Section on 0208 770 6953.