- No additional clothing visible under uniform (e.g. long sleeved or high necked top).
- Pleated black skirts must be worn to the knee.
- Plain black tights may be worn. Patterned or flesh coloured tights are not permitted. Tights and socks must not be worn together.
- Flat, black leather shoes; no sandals or sling backs, no boots including Kickers Kick Hi; no suede or cloth shoes, no Converse shoes or Vans. If a student wears incorrect shoes they will be expected to wear Greenshaw plimsolls.
- Jumpers should not be tucked in, they must be worn properly or completely removed. A coat must not be worn as a replacement to the jumper.
- Coats should be plain black or navy (one colour, no pattern, logo or writing). No denim, leather, imitation leather, fur coats, fleeces, hooded sweatshirts, body warmers or coats with woollen sleeves. In winter, a plain black scarf and gloves may be worn to and from school.
- Headscarves worn for cultural or religious reasons should be plain black and not obscure the Greenshaw logo.
- Hair bands must be plain and only black in colour (no other hair accessories should be worn).
- Hairstyle and colour must be natural and appropriate for school. No hair art, shaven or part-shaven heads.
- Make up is not allowed, including false nails, eyelashes and nail varnish.
- Items of jewellery are not allowed except a standard wrist watch and one pair of small studs worn in the ear lobe. No other piercings are allowed.*
- All electronic equipment, including mobile phones, smart watches and headphones should not be visible, heard or used on the school site. Failure to comply will result in confiscation of the item and a sanction will be applied.
Non-uniform items will be confiscated until 30 minutes after the school day, unless advised otherwise.
If a student’s uniform or appearance does not match our expectations, they will have to correct it before being allowed into lessons.
*If a student has any other piercings, they will not be allowed to cover it with a plaster or wear any form of bar or stud, clear or otherwise at school. The school accepts no responsibility for any financial issues or risk of infection that arises if students are asked to remove piercing.
PE kit branded items purchased from Banner:
- Aptus ¼ zip training top (black/white)
- Either Aptus training pants (black/silver) or Aptus female leggings, (black/silver)
- Shorts (black/white)
- Vapour polo shirt (bottle/black)
Non-branded items (purchased from alternative sports shops)
- Sports trainers
- White sport/trainer socks
- Black long sports socks
- Studded football boots*
- Mouth guard**
- Shin pads***
Please also note the following requirements :
* Studded boots – these must be worn when playing football or rugby on the school field to stop students from slipping and damaging knee and hip joints. Your PE teacher will advise when, and if, football boots will be required so that these can be purchased.
** Mouth guard – these must be worn when playing rugby.
*** Shin pads – these must be worn when playing football and rugby.
Non-Greenshaw clothing items are not permitted. Should students fail to bring their full kit or have incorrect items they will be required to wear our ‘loan PE kit’.
School uniform and PE kit is ordered direct from our specialist supplier, Banner (previously known as SWI).
How to order:
- Online at www.swischoolwear.co.uk and select the parents/school login link
- By phone: 0845 5190099
- By post to: Banner Ltd, Fairoak Lane, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn, WA7 3DU. (Please download the order form below.)
- Free home delivery on all orders over £70
- Free weekly term delivery into school. Orders will be available for collection on Wednesdays after 3.00pm (term time only).
Returns and exchanges
Banner offers a 30 day refund or exchange period with Freepost returns.
If you have any queries, or need further information about ordering uniform, please contact the Finance Team on 0208 715 1001.