Destinations and results
Greenshaw has consistently seen exam results improve at AS and A level in recent years.
At A level, results in 2017 demonstrated the consistently high performance of our sixth form students, with 28% of grades at A*/A, 55% of the grades A*/B and 79% A*-/C. This year’s results are up on the very good results of last year and are close to our best ever results. The number of A* grades in 2017 is almost double the number from 2016, with 53 A* grades or one in ten grades now being an A*. Over half of these were awarded in the art and design suite of subjects
There were some exceptional individual achievements. Two students achieved straight A* grades with head boy, Joseph Cullen, achieving his in mathematics, physics and further mathematics, and Chloe Moat achieving hers in art, photography and fashion.
Sam Newcome and Amelia Nakimuli studied four A level subjects and achieved A*A*AA and A*AAA respectively. Sam has an offer from Bath to study mathematics and Amelia will take up her place at Imperial College London to study Biomedical Engineering, Oliwia Geisler achieved AAA and is taking a gap year.
In addition, we have a statutory requirement to publish the following information at KS5:
- The progress students have made compared with students across the country is +0.14.
- The average grade that our students get at KS5 are B- and C+.
- The progress students have made in English is 1.5, and in Maths is 0.33.
- The retention figure for students in the Greenshaw Sixth Form will be confirmed shortly.
- The percentage of students in the Greenshaw Sixth form who continue in education or training, or move on to employment, at the end of 16-19 study is 95%.
A full list of 2017 destinations and our 2016 A level results can be downloaded below.